Thursday, April 12, 2012

CUSTOMER SERVICE PLUS


When we moved into our new home at the end of 2010 I installed a couple of Orca smoke alarms.   Not cheap but with a ten year battery life they stacked up as value for money.

A couple of days ago one of the alarms developed a hissy fit and took it upon itself to activate every 15 minutes or so.   I had long thrown away the docket but I looked at the back of the alarm and found it was distributed by Newfield Marketing of Christchurch so I decided to give them a bell.

Spoke to a very efficient sales person who said immediately that they stood by their product and would replace it gratis and no, I didn't need to send them the defective one back.    That was 36 hours ago.    At 8.30 this morning a courier driver knocked at the door and handed over a package containing a brand new alarm c/w battery.   It works perfectly.

Congrats to Newfield Marketing of Christchurch.   You went the extra mile when you didn't have to.   That's what I call customer service.

3 comments:

pdm said...

That is great service.

Shane Ponting said...

So now that the house has burned down where are you sticking the new one?

The Veteran said...

Sorry Shane ... I miss your point completely.